The Technology Showcase
11 technologies have been selected to attend the Defense to Response Technology Showcase on September 20-22, 2016 at the Hilton College Station and Conference Center Hotel. All finalists will tour Brayton Fire Training Field, Disaster City®, TEEX Emergency Operations Training Center, RELLIS Campus Home to TEEX Law’s firing range, UXO Grids, Demolition Demonstration, and TEEX Critical Infrastructure Training Facilities. These finalist will provide a presentation with technology demonstration to a panel of selected chiefs, investors and business leaders.
This event will be open for public registration to attend September 21-22, 2016. Attendees will be able to tour the TEEX facilities, see live emergency response demos, and see the pitches for the 12 D2R finalists. Register to attend the D2R Technology showcase and see demonstrations of cutting edge technologies.
The Defense to Response Technology Program (D2R) is searching for Department of Defense (DoD) funded technologies to enhance public safety and homeland security. D2R is the Domestic Preparedness Support Initiative's (DPSI) Technology Transition Program that will identify three technologies, annually, and provide the full services of Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service's Product Development Center (TEEX PDC) to provide technologies:
- Market validation and competitive insight for responder adoption
- Business mentors and guidance to structure a business plan for technology
- Responder mentors and guidance to integrate the technology with the responder industry
- Testing protocols, execution and validation with a TEEX TESTED® report
- Strategic manufacturing plan
- Marketing mix and strategy development
- Cost proposal and use of funds
- Access to investors
D2R's call for solutions 2016 has closed.