9P1241 – 28.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Advanced Technical Search Specialist course is designed to provide advanced hands-on scenario based exercises for responders assigned to work at Technical Search Specialists on Urban Search and Rescue teams. This course provides students the opportunity to solve complex technical search scenarios on various Disaster City® props. The course replicates the fast-paced realities of on-scene search missions. Students will rotate through multiple scenarios each day and turn in a search map and data products to instructors after each scenario. At the conclusion of this course, students will have practiced producing multiple different Search Maps and sets of Data Products to instructors. This course is an advanced continuation of the FEMA US&R Technical Search Specialist course.
The following prerequisites are required to attend this course. Participants must bring their certificates of completion on the first day of class. Participants that do not have the prerequisites will be removed from the class.
- Technical Search Specialist – CBT (Course Code 9P1230)
- Technical Search Specialist – Instructor-Led Training (Course Code: 9P1231).
- Wide Area Search (Course Code PER213)
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Developing Search Maps and Data Products
- Visual Device Scenarios
- Listening Device Scenario – Deeply Entombed Patient
- Listening Device Scenario – Acoustic Mapping
- Listening Device Scenario – Multiple Floor Problem
- Disaster Environment Mapping
- Emerging Technologies in Reporting Search Information
- Wide Area Search Exercise at Night
- FEMA or SUSAR Technical Search Specialists
- FEMA or SUSAR Search Team Managers
- INSARAG and/or International US&R Task Forces
- Regional or City US&R Teams
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
TEEX has provided training and technical assistance to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998. Training provided by TEEX meets credentialing and validation requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.
Travel and Personal Protective Equipment
Participants should plan travel to arrive the night before classes begin. The course delivery is at Disaster City® in College Station, Texas. Responders that will be training on the rubble pile or inside of structures at Disaster City® are required to bring the following items to the course:
- Helmet, must be ANSI rated Z89.1-Type 1 with headlamp
- Steel toe safety boots, must be ANSI Z41 PT99 M1/75 C/75
- Eye protection, must be ANSI Z87.1
- Work gloves (leather or extrication gloves)
- Standard work/duty clothing including long-sleeve shirts for every day of class
- Raingear suitable for search and rescue operations. Class exercises are conducted in rain or shine.
- Knee pads and elbow pads
- Hand held flashlight and extra batteries