9P1382 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This workshop helps canine handlers to learn the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to build an advanced Live Find (LF) bark indication for your disaster search and rescue canine. This workshop continues to helps canine handlers understand how to build a solid bark indication. All disaster dogs need to have a solid bark indication and handlers often try to skip steps in the training process to try and save time. This workshop builds on where the Level 1 (9P1381) leaves off and continues to build a solid bark indication for your live find canine. This workshop can be taught sequentially together with the Building a Live Find Bark Indication – Level 1 (9P1381) workshop over a total of four days. This workshop will give you an advanced understanding for building the best bark alerts possible. This workshop is 16 hours of hands-on training, delivered over two days.
This workshop is one of the six different hands-on training opportunities that comprises the Canine Technical Assistance Program (CTAP). The CTAP is designed to provide canine handlers practical knowledge and to receive feedback on different topics relevant to deploying (LF) and Human Remains Detection (HRD) canines to disasters. The CTAP workshops are appropriate for canine handlers that are looking to sharpen their skills and improve their capabilities by learning practical solutions to common challenges.
These workshops are appropriate for canine handlers that will work with either (LF) or (HRD) canine during search and rescue operations as part of Urban Search and Rescue (US&R) Task Force (TF).
The (CTAP) consists of the following six workshops:
- Building a Live Find Bark Indication – Level 1 (Course Code: 9P1381)
- Building a Live Find Bark Indication – Level 2 (Course Code: 9P1382)
- Teaching Canine Directional Control (Course Code: 9P1383)
- Disaster Canine Agility (Course Code: 9P1384)
- Live Find Diffuse Scent Considerations (Course Code: 9P1385)
- Stop the Shopping – Improving Commitment to Scent (Course Code: 9P1386)
The following prerequisites are required to attend this course. Participants must bring their certificates of completion on the first day of class. Participants that do not have the prerequisites will be removed from the class.
- Canine Search Specialist – Computer-Based Training (Course Code: 9P1330).
- Building a Live Find Bark Indication – Level 1 (Course Code: 9P1381) or receive permission from TEEX based on the canine’s abilities.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Field Station 1: Visual Enticement on Pile
- Field Station 2: Verbal Enticement on Pile
- Field Station 3: No enticement on Pile
- Field Station 4: Visual Enticement, Limited Access
- Field Station 5: Verbal Enticement, Limited Access
- Field Station 6: Verbal Enticement, Limited Access
- Field Station 7: No Enticement, Limited Access
- Field Stations 8, 9, 10: No Enticement, Limited Access, Increase Bark
- Field Station 11: Trouble Shooting
- Field Station: Visual and Verbal Enticement on Pile
- Field Station: No enticement on Pile
- Field Station: Visual and Verbal Enticement, Limited Access
- Field Station: No Enticement, Limited Access
- Field Station: No Enticement, Limited Access, Increase Bark
- Field Station: Trouble Shooting
- FEMA Canine Search Specialists
- SUSAR Canine Search Specialists
- Regional or City US&R Teams
- Fire Department Responders
- Law Enforcement Personnel
TEEX has provided training and technical assistance to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998. Your department can be confident that training will meet credentialing and validation requirements. TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.