AIR545 – 80.00 Hours
Garland Fire Department
1500 E. State Highway 66
Garland, TX 75040
08:00 AM Monday, July 20, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Experienced crash investigators may enhance their level of understanding of collision investigation through this advanced course. Participants will learn new formulas and skills to better evaluate and investigate accidents. Although it is ideal for officers who routinely investigate and specialize in major injury and fatality collision investigations, it is also appropriate for patrol officers who frequently investigate collisions to complete this course.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78016.
- Intermediate Collision Investigation or a course equivalent.
Please fax documents to (979) 862-2788 or send an email to email@example.com two weeks prior to class start date.
Course Completion Requirements
- Scientific calculator
- Mechanical or wood pencil(s) with a lead measurement of .5mm
- TEEX formula cards provided in prerequisite courses
- TEEX traffic templates provided in prerequisite courses
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Refresher mathematics
- On-scene drawing techniques
- Introduction to airborne formulas
- Trigonometry and the collision investigator
- Introduction to inline and oblique momentum analysis
- Introduction to time/distance formulas
- Experienced investigators who routinely investigate minor injury and fatality motor vehicle collisions
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 80.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433