ARE129 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This first-of-its-kind conference will have some of the most sought after speakers in the national fire service to place a laser focus on confronting the challenges in the fire service with LODDs. Various case studies of LODD incidents will be highlighted that continue to show that firefighters are dying for the same reasons time and time again. The “elephant in the room” is that our profession has to confront these issues more directly if there is any chance to reduce many LODDs that were caused by preventable errors.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements.
- Current and previous topics may include:
- CASE STUDY: Charleston, NC – Sofa Supermarket Fire
- Legal Considerations in LODDs
- NIOSH and SFMO Firefighter Fatalities Investigations – Panel Discussion
- Crew Resource Management
- Firefighter Fatalities in Texas – Common Causes and Possible Solutions
Emergency Responders, Support Teams
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
The conference class offerings differ from year to year. Please refer to the flyer posted on teex.org/extension for scheduled dates and class offerings. (Note: This area school may yet to be scheduled therefore a flyer may not yet be posted.)