ARF300 – 32.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is intended for command or potential command-level officers at airport fire departments. It builds on the basics from Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) school to prepare the ARFF Incident Commander to respond, size-up, and manage a large-scale aircraft accident; the course focuses on incident command, triage, and critical incident stress. In addition, you will participate in live-fire training to fulfill Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) 139 annual training requirements.
One of the following must be completed:
- 40 hr Airport Firefighter as per NFPA 1003 (ARF100)
- ARFF Academy as per TCFP (ARF200)
- or NFPA 1003 certified
As per Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Aviation Regulation 139.319, and chapter 4. ARFF personnel shall have a minimum of 40 hours in basic first aid training.
Course Completion Requirements
- You will receive a copy of the TEEX course manual on the first day of class.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- PPE Level 0 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual.
- All participants are required to follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.
- Regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Office attire for classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
We recommend that you have Basic ARFF or NFPA 1003 knowledge prior to participating in this class.
- Aircraft Emergencies, Tactics and Strategy
- Airport Emergency Disaster Planning
- Airport Fire Officer Development
- Applying New Technologies in ARFF
- Bulk Storage Facilities Emergency Management
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Interfacing with NTSB
- Interior Aircraft Scenarios
- Managing Large Scale Aircraft Accidents
- National Incident Management System
Individuals who may need to serve in a command role for fire services protection at airports, including:
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters
- Municipal Firefighters
- Volunteer Firefighters
- Registration for this course must be done 30 days before class.
- Classes are subject to cancellation 14 days before class if participant participation is low. The participant will have the option to attend the next scheduled class.
- If registering with a purchase order, please use our Registration Form and fax it to (979) 458-0506.
Schedule ARFF Training at Your Facility
Contact Tim Sullivan.