ASP111 – 36.00 Hours
TEEX-Brayton Fire Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, TX 77843
08:00 AM Monday, July 20, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This phase provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills to be trained to the level of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. This is the first of five phases necessary to obtain your Firefighting 1 and Firefighting 2 through the State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA).
Students rotate among the classroom sessions and field operations exercises according to the section to which they are assigned. Live fire structure training evolutions are not included in the Firefighting Phase I curriculum due to the NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions requirement for prior Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) training.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 4 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
It is strongly recommended students purchase and read prior to attending:
Copy of the” IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting and Fire Department Operations, 6th Edition.” which can be purchased from:
IFSTA or thru the SFFMA.
IFSTA Item # 36935
This textbook will be used for all the Firefighting Phases classes.
TEEX will not provide or sell the recommended IFSTA textbook.
The end of course test will cover reading assignments and lectures found in this Phase. This test will measure your comprehension level of subject matter found in this Phase.
Students should read over all the topics listed below before the first day of class. For your benefit there are review questions found at the end of each chapter.
Due to the strenuous nature of firefighting and rescue activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Orientation and Fire Service History (Read – Chapter 1, pages 6-41)
- Firefighter Safety and Health (Including NFPA 1403) (Read – Chapter 2, pages 42-91)
- Fire Behavior (Read – Chapter 5, pages 204-255)
- Firefighter Personal Protective Equipment (Read – Chapter 6, pages 256-281, 317)
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) (Read – Chapter 6, pages 281-316, 318-335)
- Portable Extinguishers (Read – Chapter 7, pages 336-365)
- Fire Hose (Read – Chapter 15, pages 812-872, 874-937)
- Fire Streams (Read – Chapter 16, pages 940-967, 988-992)
- Fire Control: (Vehicle Fires) (Read – Chapter 17, pages 1038-1046, 1092-1093)
All emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
Phone: (866) 878-8900
All students must follow the TEEX Student Safety Manual at all times.