ASP124 – 36.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge required for certification to Chapter 7, “Confined Space Rescue” as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006, Standard for Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications (2013 edition).
The course covers the areas of confined space rescue operations, utilizing appropriate equipment, methodologies, protocols, and patient and resource management techniques. Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the required written and skills test will receive a National Board of Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) certification.
The course also covers valuable information about confined-space entry related to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), NFPA, and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards and compliance issues. The curriculum meets and exceeds requirements for rescue training in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.146 “Permit Required Confined Spaces for General Industry.”
NFPA 1006 Rope Rescue level I is not required but is strongly suggested before registering for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Participants must pass the NFPA 1006 Chapter 5, “Job Performance Requirements” portion of the written exam to receive Level I and II certification.
- Participants must pass Level I to receive certification for Level II.
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Course Attire / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 5 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual under the heading of “Rope rescue, confined space rescue, and trench rescue courses.”
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Recognition of Confined Spaces
- Confined Space Hazard Recognition and mitigation
- Atmospheric Monitoring
- Non-Entry Retrieval
- Entry-Type Rescue
- SCBA and SAR
- Patient Packaging
- Lowering and Raising Systems
All emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.