CEL100 – 88.00 Hours
|Details||08/22/22 – 09/02/22||Bryan, TX||IS CEL100 91||$6500.00||Register|
|Details||09/12/22 – 09/23/22||Bryan, TX||IS CEL100 92||$6500.00||Register|
|Details||10/03/22 – 10/14/22||Bryan, TX||IS CEL100 93||$6500.00||Register|
|Details||10/24/22 – 11/04/22||Bryan, TX||IS CEL100 94||$6500.00||Register|
|Details||11/07/22 – 11/18/22||Bryan, TX||IS CEL100 95||$6500.00||Register|
|Details||12/05/22 – 12/16/22||Bryan, TX||IS CEL100 96||$6500.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Tower Technician Level One course answers the need for qualified technicians with comprehensive cutting edge technical training provided to participants with an interest in the industry. During this 88-hour course students receive not only traditional classroom training, each has the opportunity to participate in multiple field exercises and other hands-on training scenarios; all followed by scenario testing used to determine student comprehension. Registered participants will be challenged physically during this intensive technical training program and should be prepared for climbing exercises while carrying specialized tools used to perform tower prop installation tasks. Successful graduates are eligible for the Tower Apprentice Program supported by industry hiring partners. All qualified students will have the opportunity to become a member of a four-person team responsible for deploying next generation Wireless Networks.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to enroll in this program:
- Be a high school graduate or passed a GED test
- Be at least 18 years of age
Applicants must meet the following physical requirements:
- Safely operate machinery and conduct field exercises at a height over 160 feet while carrying approximately 70 lbs. of tools and equipment
To apply for this course, applicants must provide the following:
- Signed Participant Enrollment Agreement (Must download and open in Adobe Reader to complete and sign agreement)
- Copy of a valid driver’s license
- Copy of high school diploma or GED completion
- Copy of signed Medical Release Form
Course Completion Requirements
Participants are required to bring:
- Notebook paper (8 1/2″ x 11″)
- Blue ink pens, red ink pens, highlighters, #2 pencils
- Boots or climbing shoes
Participants will be required to safety operate machinery and conduct field exercises at a height of over 100 feet while carrying approximately 70 lbs. of tools and equipment. In order to successfully complete these exercises, participants must be aware of any medical and/or physical limitations that might prevent them from participating in such activities.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. Attendance and participation are components of successful course completion. Excessive absences, early departure, or tardiness may place participants at risk of academic failure and place a significant burden on the rest of the class. Therefore, participants who miss 9 percent (8 hours) or more of the Tower Technician Level One course may be dismissed.
- Regulations and Standards
- Introduction to Wireless Technology
- Hazard Awareness
- OSHA 10-Hour Outreach Training for the Construction Industry
- Electrical Standards
- Competent Climber/Competent Rescuer
- BasicPlus CPR, AED and First Aid for Adults
- Capstan Hoist Operations
- Competent Tower Rigger
- Fundamentals of Radio Frequency/Electromagnetic Radiation
- Lightning, Grounding and CADWELD
- Long-Term Evolution (LTE)
- Crane Spotter Signal Person
This course is designed for utility industry personnel or others who have a desire to enter the tower installation industry.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact Veteranservices@teex.tamu.edu or call (877) 833-9638