ENV209 – 32.00 Hours
TEEX-H B Zachry (San Antonio)
9350 South Presa
San Antonio, TX 78223
08:00 AM Monday, June 22, 2020
TEEX-OSHA Trng Inst Ed Ctr
15515 IH-20 at Lumley
Mesquite, TX 75181
08:00 AM Monday, July 27, 2020
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Hazardous Materials Practitioner (CHMP) and Registered Environmental Manager (REM) licensing credentials are issued by the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management (IHMM) and the National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP) respectively. The TEEX CHMM, CHMP and REM test preparation course is designed to help prepare qualified IHMM and NREP approved candidates sit for the CHMM, CHMP and REM exams. During the review, students cover all related industry concepts and practices to include, regulatory, technical-scientific principles and their application, and best management practices meeting all IHMM and NREP guidelines for qualification.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Prior Training Courses or Knowledge
It is recommended, but not required, participants complete the Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry (OSH511) course.
- Introduction to Environmental Laws and Regulations
- Chemistry of Hazardous Materials
- Properties of Hazardous Materials
- Toxicology and Exposure Guidelines
- Exposure Assessment
- Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) Regulations
- Transportation of Hazardous Materials and Waste
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act
- The Clean Water Act
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Petroleum and Hazardous Substance Release Plans
- The Clean Air Act
- Remediation Technologies
- Other Programs for Hazardous Substances
This course is designed for personnel preparing to sit for the CHMM, CHMP, and REM examinations.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 3.2 CEUs
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 723-3811
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: (979) 458-9188 | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811