EPP013 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Electrical Transmission and Distribution Safe Work Practices course provides participants with an overview of the “must-know” skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to work safely around electric utility tools, materials, equipment, facilities, and systems. Throughout the course, participants utilize the American Public Power Association (APPA) safety manual and access applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards to garner knowledge and best practices established for safe work procedures and compliance regulations linked to electrical transmission and distribution system operations. At the completion of this course, participants will be familiar with the nationally recognized safe work practices, precautions, basic safe work procedures, and regulatory compliance measures linked to construction and maintenance work on electric utility transmission and distribution systems.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Hazards related to electrical system components
- Applicable sections of the CFR 1910 and 1926
- Fall protection requirements for poles and underground facilities
- Excavation safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Safe work procedures & legal liabilities
- General safety – tools and equipment
- Accident analysis
- Hazardous energy control lockout / tagout
- Health and environmental control
- Vehicle and mounted equipment operations
- Overhead transmission and distribution safety
- Underground electrical systems and equipment safety
- Right-of-way clearing and maintenance
This course is designed for electric utilities professionals, electricians, telecommunications professionals, cable TV industry professionals, training & safety coordinators, managers & supervisors, electrical sales personnel, and construction professionals.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.60 CEUs