HAZ030 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This non-certification course meets or exceeds the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1072 Hazardous Materials / WMD Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications Chapter 6.6, “Product Control,” for operations-level personnel.
You will engage in practical, hands-on defensive product control action options that include diking, retention, absorption, diversion, and vapor suppression.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercise, participants must provide National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1971 compliant PPE that meets the Level 2 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual. Any gear found to be unsafe or not NFPA compliant will not be allowed on the field. The PPE includes: safety glasses, gloves, hard hat, and safety-toed boots.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Prior Knowledge Recommendation
It is recommended that participants have HazMat Operations level training prior to registering.
- Plan the Response
- Describe Control Options for Hazardous Material incidents
- Describe Control Options for flammable liquid and flammable gas incidents
- Implement the response
Personnel trained to the Operations level who are assigned to implement product control measures at a Hazardous Material (HazMat)/Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) incident.
Class Location and Travel Information
For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.
HazMat Training Manager
Phone: (979) 458-3640 | Toll-Free: (979) 458-4368
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu.