HEP700 – 2.00 Hours
|IS HEP700 87||$20.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This Heavy Equipment and Vehicle Safety in Construction Work Zones online course provides safety awareness training for those who work on and around heavy equipment and vehicles in construction work zones. Students will be able to recognize methods for identifying and preventing hazards pertaining to heavy equipment and vehicle operations in construction work zones. The course addresses common hazards including the top four causes of injury and death: falls, struck-by, caught-between, and electrocution.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband internet connection
- Recommended browser: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternative browser: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Importance of Heavy Equipment and Vehicle Safety in Work Zones
- Heavy Equipment and Vehicle Hazard Identification
- Work Zone Communication Around Heavy Equipment and Vehicles
- Safe Practices for Heavy Equipment and Vehicles
- Protecting Workers and the Public
Employees working on or around heavy equipment and vehicles in a construction work zone including trucks, tractor equipment, and other motorized vehicles.