IEP204 – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Business & Cyber Solutions at or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This 40 hour course provides a review of motor control circuits with emphasis on AC and DC motor control circuits, and ladder logic circuits where electrical relay logic is used to control equipment both of which are used in industry and facility applications. In addition it will familiarize the participant with the operation of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) and how they function and how they are used.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
A basic knowledge of electricity is presumed.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- AC and DC power
- AC reversing magnetic starters
- Basic three-phase power distribution systems
- Control Circuit-diagrams
- Electronic soft start
- Identify input and output devices that connect to PLC’s
- Motor name plate data
- Multiple speed controls
- Over current protection for control circuits
- PLC functions
- Power factor and power factor correction
- Reduced voltage control
- Standard and ladder diagram symbols
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Two step part winding starter
- Variable Frequency Drive(VFD) and Variable Speed Drive(VSD)
- Maintenance technicians, electricians, facility maintenance employees, electrical maintenance personnel and automation technicians or for anyone in a mechanical or technical role.
Please call customer service at (979) 431-4837 for more information or email us at [email protected]