IMS320 – 32.50 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
IMS320 provides training and resources for personnel who require application of the Incident Command System (ICS). The course is designed to enhance your Incident command skills and focuses on new concepts of the ICS.
The course allows you to participate in group activities that introduce the development of the Incident Action Plan (IAP) and demonstrate the interactions between the Command and General Staff sections of the ICS.
This course assists any person with a responsibility to function in a command post that is managing an expanding incident. This course builds upon information covered in the ICS-100 course.
- IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS), ICS-100
- IS-700.a, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-800.b, National Response Framework (NRF), An Introduction
Course Completion Requirements
Completion of a post-test upon completion of the course achieving a score of at least 75%.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Experience using concepts and principles from ICS-100 in a response or exercise.
- National Response Framework Overview (and correlation to NIMS)
- Roles and Responsibilities of federal, state, local and tribal governments and private sector organizations
- Coordinating structures in the field and at the regional and national levels
- Field-level organizations and teams that support an incident
- Incident management actions, including notification and assessment, activation, deployment and demobilization
- Incident Command System Overview
- Unified Command
- Incident Response Management
- Incident/Event Agency Guidance
- Incident Action Planning- with practical application
- Incident Command System review for Command and General Staff
- Major and/or Complex Incident/Event Management
- Area Command
- Multi-Agency Coordination
This course assists with any person who has a responsibility to function in a command post managing an expanding incident. Personnel who are expected to perform in a management capacity in an expanding incident that may require a higher level of NIMS/ICS training from the following disciplines/services:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
- Government administrative
- Private sector and military (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
- County, state, and federal agency personnel who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type 3 incidents.
Maximum number of participants: 30
Minimum number of participants: 26