INV200 – 50.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course satisfies a portion of the job performance requirements as described in National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1033, Standard for Fire Investigator Professional Qualifications.
This is the second of three courses for those seeking certification through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) or State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA) to become a Fire Investigator. Participants must complete all three courses to be eligible for TCFP or SFFMA.
This class does NOT offer Pro Board certification.
For certification purposes, the phases must be taken in sequence.
- Participants must provide proof of successful completion of Fire Investigator Phase 1 by either providing a copy of the certificate or TEEX transcript to the instructor on the first day of class.
- Participants that have not completed Fire Investigator Phase 1 will be removed from the class.
TCFP Certification Requirements
Participants must complete all 3 Fire Investigator courses: INV100, INV200, and INV300. Participants interested in pursuing certification through TCFP must meet the TCFP requirements should review their website for requirements.
SFFMA Certification Requirements
Participants must complete all three Fire Investigator courses: INV100, INV200, and INV300. Participants that successfully complete this course, can submit their TEEX certificate of completion, along with SFFMA certification application, to the SFFMA office for processing.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts). It is preferred that participants wear duty uniform or business casual dress.
Participants Must Provide
- Textbooks Jones and Bartlett, Fire Investigator: Principles & Practice to NFPA 921 and 1033 (5th ed.)
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
- Electricity and Fire
- Documentation of the Investigation
- Physical Evidence
- Origin Determination
- Classification of Fire Cause
- Analyzing the Incident for Cause and Origin
- Failure Analysis and Analytical Tools
- Incendiary Fires
- Fire and Explosion Deaths and Injuries
Emergency Response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
Annual Fire Training School Information
If you are attending this course as part of TEEX’s Texas Annual Fire Training School, you need to be aware of the following additional information:
Annual Fire Training School Registration Requirements
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
Annual Fire Training School Late Registration
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.
Annual Fire Training School Contact Information
If you have any questions about Annual Schools, call (866) 878-8900 or email [email protected].
Emergency Services Training Institute
Phone: (979) 845-7641 | Toll-Free: (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
For Spring, Spanish, Industrial and Municipal School
- Purchase Order Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to [email protected]