LET305 – 96.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Course Price: $275
After this blended-learning course, participants will begin a new career path using the knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively within a county jail environment. This course is designed to meet training and licensing requirements set by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) necessary to prepare participants to receive their TCOLE Basic Jailer License.
This online course consists of eleven learning modules. Prior to accessing the course, the participant is provided with an opportunity to download a study guide in an effort to enhance the retention of important course information. After all modules have been completed, the participant will receive a comprehensive final exam. All examinations must be passed with a minimum score of 80%. Participants have three attempts to pass each module exam and one attempt to pass the final examination.
Participants will be eligible to sit for the TCOLE Basic Jailer Licensing Examination at a TCOLE approved testing site upon successful completion of the online course. Participants are also required to complete the 24 hour Basic County Corrections (BCC) Physical Skills course in order to meet all requirements to receive a Basic Jailer License. A list and location of those scheduled courses available in your area will be provided upon successful completion of the online portion of the BCC course.
This course meets TCOLE requirements for Basic County Corrections Course #1196.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This online portion of the BCC course must be completed within a 45 day time period. The completion period begins once course registration has taken place.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access
- 18 years of age or older
- Meet all TCOLE minimum standards for licensing
- Must be employed by a Texas Sheriff’s office or private jail facility
- Must have TCOLE temporary jailer license
- TCOLE Declaration of Licensing Course Enrollment Eligibility (DOLCEE) Form
- TCOLE Law Enforcement Agency Audit Checklist
- TEEX Registration Form
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
- State regulatory agencies and facility concepts
- Ethics, prejudice, and human relations
- Intake procedures
- Inmate health care
- Inmate supplies
- Inmate and facility security protocols
- Inmate rights, activities, and discipline
- Use of force
- Disturbances and emergencies
- Mental health and de-escalation techniques
- Documentation and courtroom appearance
- Release procedures
- Candidates for Texas county jail staffing responsible for oversight and control of inmates in a jail or holding cell facility
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8 CEUs
- 72.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If a student has a preexisting injury/condition that could be aggravated by a specific technique or the act of training in the physical skills portion of the Basic County Corrections course, the instructor should be advised and a doctor’s release must be presented to the instructor before the physical skills training begins.
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once a student has successfully passed this course they must also complete Texas Commission on Law Enforcement’s (TCOLE) new “TCOLE Rules Overview (for jailers and telecommunicators)” course and pass the rules exam prior to taking the licensing exam for a Jailers license. This course is located on the MyTCOLE Learning Website. The student can access the website from the TCOLE homepage.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
- Purchase Order or Credit Card- Complete the TEEX Registration Form, DOLCEE Form, and checklist send to email@example.com or fax to (979) 862-2788
- Check – Send completed Registration Form, DOLCEE Form and checklist to: TEEX – LAW, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842