LET622 – 32.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Participants will learn basic self defense tactics for all levels of resistance that can be used if attacked in the line of duty while in a corrections facility. Officers will be able to return to their agency and train personnel in these defensive tactics.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Defensive Tactics for Corrections Personnel Instructor Course #78043.
Participants enrolling in this course must complete the following course prior to attendance:
- Basic Instructor Development (TCOLE #1014)
Please send proof of course completion via email to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to class start date.
Participants will be contacted via email to confirm approval and admittance into course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Handcuffing techniques
- Impact and stunning blows
- Joint locks
- Grounding techniques
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example, a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
Participants should wear comfortable clothing for physical activity.
- Physiological Responses to Stress
- Pain Compliance Techniques
- Stances and Blocks
- Impact and Stunning Blows
- Joint Locks and Grounding Techniques
- Vascular Restraint
- Participants should be currently commissioned peace officers, licensed security officers or public safety trainers.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 32.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-6677
- Purchase Order – Complete registration form and send to [email protected] or fax to (877) 289-9715
- Check – Complete registration form and mail to: TEEX – ILEPSE, P.O. Box 40006, College Station, TX 77842