MAP116 – 20.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Knowledge Engineering at (800) 541-7149 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Job Instruction II is delivered in five four-hour sessions. The first two sessions are delivered in a single week. Within two months, the other sessions should be delivered during a single week. See the bulleted section below for a comprehensive description of topics covered.
Job Instruction II is an extension of Job Instruction I, one of three courses offered in the Training Within Industry (TWI) program. TWI is a dynamic program of hands-on learning and practice, teaching essential skills for supervisors, team leaders, and anyone who directs the work of others from all industries and vocations. To support a continuous improvement, environment workers need to develop the skills represented in these three modules. By doing so, TWI provides an immediate return on investment for companies by utilizing the productive potential of their employees.
TWI Job Instruction I (10 hour training course) or job-related experience.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Lecture, Session I (45 mins): Review Fire Underwriters Breakdown, importance of patterns, identify the 3 JI patterns, explain the criticality of key points
- Breakdown Practice, Session I (approx. 3 hrs): Decide on job breakdown to be studied, group observes 2 iterations of the task and individually breaks down the job, return to group and decide on the correct breakdown, record on whiteboard, critique by instructor, photograph taken for company use
- Lecture, Session II (45 mins): Explanation of Scientific Method of PDCA, PDCA and Job Instruction, class recalls the 3 job instruction patterns, breakdown the clover-hitch knot
- Breakdown Practice, Session II (approx. 3 hrs): Repeat Session 1 Breakdown Practice
- Lecture, Session III (45 mins): Review Fire Underwriters breakdown, emphasize the JI 3 patterns, review the clover-hitch breakdown
- Breakdown Practice, Session III (approx 3 hours): Decide on job breakdown to be studied, participant breaks down the job as they simultaneously perform it, return to group and decide on the correct breakdown, record on whiteboard, critique by instructor, photograph taken for company use
- Breakdown Practice, Session IV (approx. 4 hrs): Repeat Session 3 Breakdown Practice
- Breakdown Practice, Session V (approx. 4 hrs): Repeat Session 3 Breakdown Practice