MAR205 – 1.50 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This one hour and thirty-minute online web course will discuss practical Search and Rescue (SAR) procedures generally used among first responders today.
It will involve discussions, multimedia videos and plotting with a projection tool for visual aide. Furthermore, this course will provide individuals with information into basic fundamentals and proper search patterns used in common marine incidents.
This includes but is not limited to searching for a vessel with or without a last known position; or searching for someone who has fallen overboard and is missing. This is a live online instructor-led training that provides for an interactive discussion and allows questions and answers as the information is presented.
There are no prerequisites for this course. However, basic knowledge of a compass is helpful.
Workshop participation is an
essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX webinars are
expected to actively listen and participate. At the beginning of the workshop,
your instructor will review any additional participation requirements.
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- Internet connection (Broadband connection recommended)
- Current web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your live webinar be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- Current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash
- This course cannot be done on a mobile phone.
- Open Water Rescue Challenges
- Different Types of SAR Assets
- General Boat Characteristics
- Personal Safety Equipment
- SAR Mission Organization
- 5 Stages of SAR
- Gathering Initial Information
- Performing Initial Action
- Forces That Act Upon Datum
- Discuss Commonly Used Search Patterns
- Merchant Mariners
- Police and Fire Departments
- Public Boaters
- Maritime Government Employees
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | Toll-Free: (866) 878-8900
- You may easily register and pay for classes with a credit card, pinless debit, or eCheck.
- Payment is due prior to this live webinar and is nonrefundable after the live webinar has begun.
- If you have any trouble registering through the online registration system please contact Cynthia.email@example.com or 979-845-1152.