SAP152 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
Keep up with changing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements to remain ahead of the curve among commercial drone pilots. As of August 2016, anyone operating a drone for any commercial or business purpose must obtain an FAA remote pilot certification. This highly focused course prepares you for the test to receive this certification. Beyond drone-specific material, participants will gain an understanding of much of the ground-school information covered in the FAA’s knowledge test.
The course fee includes a workbook and 50 FAA sample test questions. Actual FAA testing must be administered at an authorized Knowledge Testing Center and is not included in the course fee.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Regulations relating to sUAS
- Airspace classification
- Interpretation of sectional navigation charts
- Operating requirements and flight restrictions
- Learn to Fly aviation weather sources and effects
- sUAS loading and performance
- Emergency procedures
- Aeronautical decision-making and crew resource management
- Radio communication procedures
- Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
- Airport operations
- Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures
- Anyone interested in flying sUAS
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- 6.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433