TNG30D – 40.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This event is a realistic multi-day continuous US&R exercise at Disaster City® that provides teams the opportunity to deploy and immediately begin search and rescue operations in a realistic environment. The exercise provides teams the opportunity to work with other rescue professionals
and to integrate into a realistic large scale disaster. The exercise is designed with multiple overlapping search and rescue scenarios at various
levels of complexity that allow teams to identify, coordinate and solve a myriad of situations under realistic time frames and logistical challenges.
This exercise provides hands-on scenarios in Disaster City® and provides participants a chance to practice advanced shoring, breaching, and lifting skills on the buildings and projects. The exercise provides challenging rescue situations for personnel to work as part of a team in various disaster and/or urban search and rescue environments. To maintain the highest level of realism for this exercise, participants will be engaged in the exercise scenario on the morning of the first day just as if they were being deployed to the incident site and beginning search and rescue operations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Participants should complete NFPA 1006 Rope Rescue Level II course or equivalent. Due to strenuous nature of search and rescue activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in these courses.
Reserve hotel rooms as early as possible when planning to attend any courses.
- Simulated US&R deployment in austere conditions including setup of base of operations
- Scenario-based deployment and rescue operations exercises including: Breaching and Breaking Operations with Concrete and Steel Structures, Lifting and Moving Operations, Emergency Building Shoring, Contaminated environment considerations
This course has been developed for city, state, and federal US&R responders. The target audience also includes all emergency responders from municipal and industrial agencies tasked with conducting structural collapse rescue.
Participants include emergency responders from the following disciplines/services:
- Search and Rescue Personnel
- State Urban Search and Rescue (SUSAR) Members
- US&R Task Force Members
- Structural Collapse Response Personnel
- Fire Department Members
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Industrial Firefighters (IND)
- Army and Air National Guard (ANG)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction-Civilian Support Teams (WMD-CST)
- CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFP) Teams
- Homeland Response Forces (HRF)
- County, State, and Federal First Responders
- Public Health and Health Care Workers
TEEX has provided training to National US&R and SUSAR task forces since 1998 and your department can be confident that training provided by TEEX will meet credentialing and validation requirements because TEEX adheres to all of the requirements set forth by the FEMA US&R Program Office.