TTP313 – 20.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Fiber Optic Engineering Fundamentals course provides participants with information and opportunities to discover the nature of fiber optic cables and the availability of the different types of fiber optic terminals when designing a fiber optic system. During the course, students are guided through the process of developing a system that satisfies all organizational technical requirements and introduces important concepts specific to fiber optic engineering best practices. At the conclusion of training, students will be able to properly specify and select components, design cost-effective fiber optic systems, and the proper use of specific terminology when discussing fiber optic communication systems with vendors.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Advantages and disadvantages of fiber optic communications
- Characteristics of optical fibers
- Fiber optic cable installation procedures
- Fiber optic connectors and splicing techniques
- Fiber optic system design procedures
- Fiber optic system parameters
- Fiber optic testing, maintenance and documentation
- Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH)
- Optical fiber types
- Optical sources and detectors
- Optical transmitters and receivers
- RUS Publications
This course is designed for data communications, CATV, and telecommunications personnel who design and implement fiber optic communication systems.
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 723-3811