ARF600 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to prepare the fighter for the initial response to an aircraft disaster in their jurisdiction. The firefighter will also be able to apply the main purpose of their role during the emergency; rescue, fire control, and loss control efforts. Can also be tailored for Industrial and Nuclear Plant responses to aircraft incidents.
The student shall have the knowledge and basic information to realize the following:
- Aircraft Emergency safety concerns
- Search and Rescue procedures
- Hazards associated with cargo shipped via aircraft
- Aircraft evacuation methods
- A basic understanding of the components and systems found on aircrafts
- Roles and responsibilities expected of the firefighter by the NTSB
- The effects of extinguishing agents and their use during an aircraft fire
- An unserstanding of the tactical operations employed for rescue and suppression efforts during an aircraft emergency
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Aircraft crashes
- Aircraft Dangerous Goods
- Aircraft Evacuation
- Aircraft Familiarization for the Firefighter
- ARFF Extinguishing Agents
- ARFF Search and Rescue
- ARFF Tactical Operations
- NTSB Case Studies
- Registration for this course must be done 30 days before class.
- Classes are subject to cancellation 14 days before class if student participation is low. The student will have the option to attend the next scheduled class.
- If registering with a purchase order, please use our Registration Form and fax it to (979) 458-0506.
Schedule ARFF Training at Your Facility
The class can be delivered to your location on a cost plus basis.
This course is delivered using PowerPoint presentations as well as student involvement to aid the student in their role during response to any aircraft emergency in their response area or jurisdiction.