ASP121 – 36.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course teaches the skills needed to safely and efficiently perform basic technical rescues in industrial and municipal environments.
Successful completion of this course will also provide the participant with the skills necessary to meet Rescue Technician Professional Qualifications, in accordance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1006, (Standard for Rescue Technician Professional Qualifications(2013 Ed.) Chapter 5, Job Performance Requirements.
This course does not lead to a National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) certification.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Course Attire / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 5 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual under the heading of “Rope rescue, confined space rescue, and trench rescue courses.”
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Rescue Team Organization and Function
- Hazard Assessment
- Incident Command
- Rescue Hardware and Equipment
- Rope Technology and Construction
- Knots, Bends and Hitches
- Patient packaging and handling
- Anchor Systems
- Belay Systems
- Raising (hauling) Systems
- Low-angle Rescue Operations
- Lowering Systems
All emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system. If you are using a Purchase Order (including H.B. 2604 voucher) please place the number in the PO field for payment. Please know we must have a copy of the PO or voucher within 48 hours of your registration or you will be canceled out of the class.
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.