ASP202 – 36.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed for personnel with Incident Command Responsibilities at an industrial facility. Emphasis is placed on incident evaluation and development of incident objectives utilizing the RECEO VS system as well as initiating and directing safe and efficient incident operations. Using virtual reality simulation and incident communication processes, participants will be required to make decisions, give assignments, effectively communicate and manage resources through the implementation of standard incident management systems.
To be eligible to attend this course, you must have completed (and provide proof) of the following prerequisites:
- ASP 201 – Advanced Exterior Firefighting – Level II (or equivalent training – requires TEEX ESTI review and approval)
- ICS 100 – Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)
- ICS 200 – Basic Incident Command System for Initial Response (or previous version “ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents”)
- ICS 700 – An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- ICS 800 – An Introduction to the National Response Framework
Equivalent training may be in the form of a letter from the Fire Chief / Training Officer.
Proof of prerequisites in the form of certificates of completion should be uploaded into your student portal after registration. At the end of registration, you will see a blue arrow icon beside your course to upload your prerequisite documentation. Participants that do not have the required prerequisites will be removed from the course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Course Attire / Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 1 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Advanced tactical management
- Incident management systems
- Leadership traits, roles, and responsibilities
- Oversight of fireground safety
- Overview of emergency operations management (EOC operations)
- Strategic decision making
All emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel
Annual Schools require that you use the online registration system.
We have streamlined the process for payment via Texas A&M Forest Service funding (H.B. 2604 or TIFMAS Grant Assistance Program). Before you register for a course, you must attain approval from the Texas A&M Forest Service for training tuition. On your approval letter, there will be a voucher approval number. Each participant approved for tuition grant assistance will need this number.
Register for your course through your TEEX student portal. On the payment section, choose “Purchase Order” and enter the “VFDE” number (for example “E123456”). If your department was approved for multiple participants, each participant up to the maximum approved in the training tuition request may use the same VFDE number. If the total amount due is greater than the total amount allowed by the tuition voucher, the individual/department will be responsible for the difference. You are no longer required to email or fax the approval letter to TEEX/ESTI unless it is specifically requested by TEEX staff.
If you are using a standard Purchase Order, complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.
The PO contact email needs to be either yourself or a responsible person within your organization.
A new data field has been added to the payment process. The Tax ID (Tax Payer ID, EIN or FEIN) will be the number assigned to your organization. The field is required and needs to be in the following format: xx-xxxxxxx.
The full rate will be applied after the early-bird registration deadline.