AWR175 – 10.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Wednesday, July 01, 2020
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 541-7149 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Information Security for Everyone is designed to teach the principles and practices that all computer users need to keep themselves safe, both at work and at home. By presenting best practices along with a small amount of theory, trainees are taught both what to do and why to do it. Topics covered include how to secure both clean and corrupted systems, protecting your personal data, securing simple computer networks, and safe Internet usage.
Two credit hours through ACE are provided only if all three courses within the Online for Everyone – Non-Technical (Cyber 101) track are completed.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Current browser (i.e., Internet Explorer or, Firefox, Safari)
- To prevent issues during your online course, please be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version.
- Pop-ups must be enabled.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
- Adobe Flash 18.104.22.168 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Broadband connection recommended.
- Safe internet usage
- Securing a clean computer
- Securing a corrupted computer
- Protecting your computer and its contents
- Securing computer networks
- Secure communications and information security best practices
- Maintaining Privacy Guidelines for maintaining privacy while surfing the internet
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.00 hours – ACE
In order to receive the full two credit hours, all three classes in the Cybersecurity for Everyone track must be successfully completed.
After registering for this online course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact email@example.com or call (800) 541-7149