EMS285 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The American Heart Association’s Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course provides healthcare professionals the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to improve recognition, treatment, and outcomes of seriously ill and injured children. Throughout the PALS course, you will enhance your skills in the
- identification and treatment of medical conditions that place the child at risk for cardiac arrest
- systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- assess-categorize-decide-act approach to assessment and management of a seriously ill infant or child
- PALS algorithms and flow charts
- effective resuscitation team dynamics.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Paramedic certification or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Management of Respiratory Emergencies
- Rhythm Disturbances/Electrical Therapy
- Vascular Access
- Resuscitation Team Concept
- Cardiac, Respiratory, and Shock Case Discussions and Simulations
- Child 1-rescue cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Infant 1- and 2-rescuer CPR and AED
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) assessment and treatment approaches
- Emergency Physicians
- Family Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Respiratory Therapists
- Other healthcare providers who initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies