ENV235 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Chemistry For Environmental Professionals course is designed for environmental professionals who may not be chemists, but require a basic knowledge of chemistry and its interaction with the environment to accomplish work tasks. Throughout the course, participants are provided with a review of fundamental chemical concepts and an introduction to applied environmental chemistry principles. This course is based on EPA 165.21 describing the practices that influence the release, fate, transport, sampling, analysis, and remediation of environmental media contaminated with chemicals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Measurements and Unit Conversions
- Atomic Theory and Molecular Structure I
- Atomic Theory and Molecular Structure II
- Chemical and Physical Properties
- Organic Chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry II
- Environmental Chemical Reactions
- Chemical Industrial Processes
- The Data Quality Objectives Process
- Data Usability
- Bulk Parameters
- Sample Preparation
- Mass Spectroscopy
- Petroleum Chemistry
- Environmental Contaminants
- GSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 723-3811