ENV266 – 24.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Class-A Municipal Solid Waste Facility Supervisor course provides participants with information specific to the qualifications necessary to obtain a Class-A license and all related renewal requirements. During the course, students are provided an overview and history of municipal solid waste sites as well as related statutes and rules associated with such facilities. In addition to these topics, participants are provided public relations scenarios and best practices along with operational equipment needs, current and emerging technology being used within the industry, and safety practices necessary to comply with 30 TAC Chapter 30.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Introduction to Municipal Solid Waste Facility Supervisor
- Summarization of Statutes, Rules, Codes, and Language Regarding Municipal Solid Waste
- Classification of Municipal Solid Waste Facilities
- Overview Information for Municipal Solid Waste Facility Supervisor
- Municipal Solid Waste Landfill Rules and Regulations
- Operational Standards for Municipal Solid Waste Landfills
- Additional Regulatory Requirements
- Type V Storage and Processing Facilities—Operating Standards
- Type IX Facilities—Energy or Material Recovery
- Type IX Facilities—Landfill Mining
- Medical Waste Management—Treatment and Disposal of Medical Waste
This course is designed for supervisors of Type I, Type IAE, Type IV, and Type IVAE landfills, along with Type IX landfill mining operations.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 24.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center
Phone: | Toll-Free: (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811