HEP921 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Front End Loader Heavy Equipment Proficiency Evaluation provides industry professionals and employers with the ability to properly document operator skill levels. During the evaluation process, TEEX Heavy Equipment Program personnel provide an overview of all equipment use expectations and those criteria to be used during the formal check of skill level and proficiency. Prior to the demonstration of proficiency by the operator, each is administered a pre-test to document knowledge of basic operational techniques and safety processes required to properly operate the equipment. Once the testing phase has been successfully completed, operators are evaluated utilizing a standardized checklist unique to the specific heavy equipment being utilized. Upon successful completion of the evaluation, each operator receives a final determination of proficiency presented to the host administrator documenting each operator’s level of skill on the designated piece of equipment.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to fully comply with safety measures specific to the operation of heavy equipment, operators are required to wear all associated personal protective equipment during the evaluation process.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Conduct pre-operational inspection
- Perform start and shut down according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Loading and unloading machine on/off haul unit
- Efficiently fill bucket of machine to its maximum capacity
- Remove contaminates from stockpile area
- Accurately judge proper approach speed and height of bucket and machine for safe loading
- Ability to spread materials with consistent depth from dumped piles
- Judge safe operational conditions while working slopes and changing soil conditions
- Construct Vee ditches to maintain positive water flow
- Excavate an area to grade
- Load and understand legal loads of haul units
- Proper utilization of clam shell bucket
- Transport material to designated area
- Perform scraper operation of clamshell
- Proper utilization of rippers
Heavy equipment operators employed by state and local authorities who require formal proficiency and evaluation of all operational skills associated with assigned use of equipment.