IEP203 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Business & Cyber Solutions at or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This hands-on 16 hour training course provides a review of motor control circuits used in industry and facility applications. An emphasis is placed on AC and DC motor control circuits, variable speed and frequency drive techniques, and a variety of soft start configurations. During the two-day course, participants actually build and troubleshoot a number of circuits in lab.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- A basic knowledge of electricity is assumed. Troubleshooting Industrial Control Circuits is preferred.
- Demonstration and Lecture includes:
- Standard diagram symbols
- Control circuits-diagrams
- AC reversing magnetic starters
- Over current protection for control circuits
- Reduced voltage control
- Two step part winding starter
- Auto transformer starter
- Electronic soft start
- Multiple speed controls
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) and Variable Speed Drive (VSD)
- Motor name plate data
- Hands-On Activities include:
- 3-wire control circuits with pilot light for run
- 3-wire control circuits with pilot light for stop
- 3-wire control circuits with a push-to-test pilot light
- Jog circuit using a selector switch
- Jog circuit using a start button
- Jogging using a control relay
- 3-wire control with multiple start
- 3-wire control with reversing starter circuit and pilot lights
- 3-wire control with two speed starter
- Primary resistance starter circuit
- Wye-delta starter
- Maintenance technicians, electricians, facility maintenance employees, electrical maintenance personnel and automation technicians.
Please call customer service at 1-800-541-7149 for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org