IMS120 – 20.50 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to enable you to operate efficiently during an incident or event using the Incident Command System (ICS). The course introduces ICS, explains basic concepts for managing all-hazards emergencies or planned events, and provides the foundation for higher-level ICS training. Providing training and resources for personnel who are likely to assume a supervisory position within the ICS. This course also prepares personnel to coordinate with response partners from all levels of government and the private sector.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Upon completion of the course, score an 75% on a written examination.
Course Specific Attendance Requirement
Students must attend all sessions of the course in order to complete the course of instruction.
- Purpose of ICS
- Basic Features of ICS
- Incident Commander and Command Staff functions
- ICS Facilities
- Leadership and Management
- Delegation of Authority and Management by Objective
- Functional Areas and Positions
- Organizational Flexibility
- Transfer of Command
Entry level personnel from local agencies, including representatives from:
- Fire Services
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
Jurisdictions are strongly encouraged to invite representatives from:
- Local Hazardous Materials (HazMat) teams
- Emergency communications organizations
- Other governmental and quasi-governmental agencies
- Organizations such as school systems and the National Guard
- Other non-governmental, private industry, and federal emergency response agencies
Representatives from higher-education institutions located within or support the jurisdiction.
- Maximum number of participants 40
- Minimum number of participants 26