INP200 – 56.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed for the individual conducting fire inspections, life safety surveys/inspection, and fire code enforcement for multi-occupancy. The Fire Inspector II course satisfies the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1031 Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspector and Plans Examiner, Chapter 5 “Fire Inspector II.” It is designed around classroom lectures and individual activities to provide the student the needed skills and knowledge to conduct multiple occupancy fire inspections.
Upon completion of this course you are eligible to take the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board) written exam and skills testing. Participants that receive a Pro Board certification are eligible for certification through Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) through reciprocity. In addition, participants can apply for certification through State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA).
Pro Board Certification Requirements
Participants pursuing Pro Board certification must provide proof of NFPA 1031 Fire Inspector I dated prior to the last day of class. The documentation must meet the certification office requirements.
TCFP Certification Requirements
TCFP testing is not completed during this course. Participants that would like to earn their TCFP certification can submit their Pro Board certification to the Commission for reciprocity. Visit the TCFP website for additional requirements.
SFFMA Certification Requirements
Participants that successfully complete this course, can submit their TEEX certificate of completion, along with SFFMA certification application, to the SFFMA office for processing. Participants are required to complete Inspector I, Inspector II, and Plans Examiner I for the certification.
Course Completion Requirements
For classroom activities, students must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve/ long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts). It is preferred that participants wear duty uniform or business casual dress.
Pro Board Certification Testing
Participants are required to provide a photo ID at time of Pro Board testing.
Participants Must Provide
- IFSTA, Fire Inspection and Code Enforcement, 8th edition
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code, 2015 edition
- Basic Calculator (independent of your phone)
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion and to sit for the Pro Board certification exam.
- Duties and Authority
- Standards, Codes, and Permits
- Fire Behavior
- Construction Types and Occupancy Classifications
- Building Construction: Materials and Structural Systems
- Building Construction: Components
- Means of Egress
- Water Supply Distribution Systems
- Water-Based Fire-Suppression Systems
- Special-Agent Fire-Extinguishing Systems and Extinguishers
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Fire Hazard Recognition
- Site Access
- Hazardous Materials: Descriptions and Identification Methods
- Hazardous Materials: Storing, Handling, Dispensing, Transporting, Using, and Disposing
- Plans Review and Field Verifications
- Inspection Procedures
- Military and Department of Defense (DoD) Firefighters and Officers
- Municipal Firefighters and Officers
- Individuals seeking to become fire inspector and code enforcement officials.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.00 hours – Pro Board
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
Phone: 978455562 | Toll-Free: (979) 847-9302