NFA056 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This is a two-day course designed to provide you with some basic tools and skills to coordinate training in small fire/Emergency Medical Services (EMS) organizations. A training function in a smaller department typically may include conducting training drills and coordinating training with a nearby larger city or state entities.
Leadership issues in fire service training, such as why and how the local training officer must be a catalyst for change and personal motivators within the department.
Identifying the legal issues affecting the training function, including an understanding of a standard of care and the impact of Occupational Safety and Health Administration and National Fire Protection Association standards.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- Leadership Issues
- Legal Issues
- Safety considerations in training
- Marketing training internally
- Identifying ways to justify training needs
- Resolving training conflicts using appropriate conflict resolution techniques
- Selecting and evaluating training curricula and materials from outside sources
- Effective delivery and evaluation of training
- Fire and rescue personnel who coordinate training in small
- Volunteer firefighters and officers who instruct in small fire and rescue departments.
- Fire personnel serving on training committees.
- Training officers in volunteer fire departments.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission of Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of student manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.