PER352 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center at (844) 789-5673 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The Active Shooter Incident Management (ASIM) course is a 16-hour performance level direct
delivery course designed to improve incident management and integration of law
enforcement, fire and EMS responders to active shooter events. The course provides a model framework for use
by law enforcement, fire and EMS to manage active shooter event response to
improve time to threat neutralization, medical intervention, and survivability
FEMA IS-100 and IS-200 are recommended but not required. A mixed-discipline instructor cadre is
trained to coach participants to success regardless of rank and experience
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- The statistical profile of a typical Active Shooter Event (ASE)
- A model Active Shooter Event integrated response process
- The Active Shooter Incident Management Checklist™
- Organizational building blocks for an integrated response including Contact Team, Rescue Task Force, Tactical, Perimeter, Triage, Transport, Intelligence and Reunification
- Progressively challenging full length Active Shooter Event functional exercise scenarios
- Hands-on experience in multiple response roles
- Introduction to Complex Coordinated Attacks (CCA)
- Experience applying and working within the NIMS Incident Command System
Law Enforcement personnel, Fire and EMS personnel and emergency communications personnel (all ranks).
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 1.60 CEUs
50 participants training together in the following combination: 25 Law Enforcement, 20 Fire and EMS and 5
emergency communications personnel (all ranks)