TAA512 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, this course can be scheduled to meet your specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence at (800) 423-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
Motor vehicle crashes are one of the leading causes of injury and death in the United States. This course demonstrates proper driving techniques required to avoid most potential problems in an off-road environment. Participants experience common driving hazards faced during off-road vehicle operations. All students will experience up to six hours of actual hands-on training in this medium-stress driving school.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Course #78024.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be capable of operating a motor vehicle under moderately stressful conditions.
- Must provide a suitable four wheel drive vehicle in good working condition; preferably a vehicle commonly use to drive to and from work or during work.
- The vehicle must be in sound mechanical condition with no leaking fluids.
- A current motor vehicle inspection sticker
- Vehicle tires must have at least a 2/32 tread depth
- No more than two participants may share one vehicle during the class.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
- Ascents & descents
- Determining proper lines of travel
- Kinetic energy/inertia
- Methods of braking
- Off-Road driving hazards
- Proficiency exercises
- Proper driving attitude
- Proper steering
- Recovery techniques
- Risk management concerns
- Vehicle control
- Vehicle dynamics
- Vehicle inspection
- Any licensed driver
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 hours – Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Institute for Law Enforcement and Protective Services Excellence
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433