TNG23D – 50.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Industrial Structural Collapse Rescue is 50 hours, five days in length, ten hours of instruction each day and is designed to provide industrial rescue technicians and industrial fire brigades the operational knowledge, skills and abilities to perform rescue operations at structural collapse scenes due to industrial incidents or natural disasters. The course is designed around emergency response equipment commonly in use by industrial facilities. The course provides participants an opportunity to conduct realistic rescue operations in a structural collapse environment. TEEX makes every effort to ensure consistent terminology and training within the discipline of structural collapse rescue, so this course incorporates many of the same techniques taught during our FEMA urban search and rescue courses.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued a TEEX Certificate of Completion.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Participants should complete a NFPA 1006 Rope Rescue Level I course or equivalent.
- Due to strenuous nature of search and rescue activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in these courses.
- Rescuer and Scene Safety
- Structural Engineering Systems
- Structural Construction in Industrial Disaster Situations
- Rescue Operations Strategy and Tactics
- Rescue Operational Procedures
- Rescue Support Operations
- Breaching and Breaking Operations with Concrete and Steel Structures (1 day)
- Lifting and Moving Operations (1 day)
- Emergency Building Shoring (1 day)
This course has been developed for industrial fire brigade responders. Participants include emergency responders from the following disciplines/services:
- Industrial Fire Brigade (FB)
- Industrial customers (IND)
- Fire Service (FD)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Travel and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Participants should plan travel to arrive the night before classes begin. Classes will begin at 7 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made. The course delivery is at Disaster City® in College Station, Texas. Responders that will be training on the rubble pile or inside of structures at Disaster City® are required to bring the following items to the course:
- Helmet, must be ANSI rated Z89.1-Type 1 with headlamp
- Steel-toe safety boots, must be ANSI Z41 PT99 M1/75 C/75
- Eye protection, must be ANSI Z87.1
- Work gloves (leather or extrication gloves)
- Full-face Air Purified Respirator (APR) with P-100 cartridges
- Standard work/duty clothing including long-sleeve shirts for every day of class
- Raingear suitable for search and rescue operations. Class exercises are conducted in rain or shine.
- Knee pads & elbow pads
- Hand held flashlight and extra batteries
Courses are offered in two ways:
- Open enrollment is open to any agency listed above. These courses must have a minimum of 16 and can have a maximum of 48 participants. This course typically has a broad cross section of industrial responders from across the nation and offers an excellent ability for lessons learned from other departments.
- Contract classes: We can provide this course exclusively for a jurisdiction or region. When conducting contract classes, we can provide additional tailored curriculum and field exercises based on the requirements of the contracting jurisdiction.
Emergency Services Training Institute
Phone: (979) 458-5636
Course Cancellation Policy
If the minimum number of students required to conduct this course have not registered 24 calendar days prior to the course start date, the course will be canceled. It is imperative that agencies/individuals wishing to enroll in this course make arrangements to register and make payment prior to this deadline.