The goal of this training is to provide Hurricane Disaster Preparedness for communities to encompass the preparation strategies and comprehensive planning necessary before a tropical cyclone or hurricane strikes. The participants will work through a table top exercise to help increase readiness for their communities in preparation for the upcoming hurricane season.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Directors and staff of local response agencies
- Supervisors and front-line employees
- Hospital department heads or managers
- College and university representatives
- School district staff
- Airport and port facility managers
- Public non-profit and private-sector organizations
- Public Information Officers (PIOs)