The Online Fundamentals of Electricity course provides participants with an introduction to direct current and alternating current electric circuits. Upon completion of the course, participants will understand the basic principles of electricity, including concepts such as voltage, current, resistance, power, and how these relate to each other.
NOTE: Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email, a password for access to the course, and a required completion date.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- A personal computer or laptop with reliable Internet access
- Current Web Browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 or higher
- Adobe Flash 10 or higher
TopicsHistory and basics of electricity+Ohm's Law +Series circuits, parallel circuits, series-parallel circuits associated with electrical circuits +Sources, paths, loads, switches +Voltage, current, resistance, power
- Industry professionals requiring a basic understanding of electrical theory
- Electric lineman
- Cable installers
- Telecommunications professional
- Construction professionals
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.2 CEUs