Level 4 of the Apprenticeship Program is designed to provide participants with the advanced knowledge and skills of utility work. Topics covered will include emergency rubber gloving procedures, OSHA 10-Hour Construction for ET&D, troubleshooting overhead and underground systems, and essentials of leadership.
Participant must have successfully completed levels 1 (EPP111), 2 (EPP211), and 3 (EPP311) of a Department of Labor (DOL) approved 4-year apprenticeship training program, lineman academy (or equivalent).
Open enrollment equivalencies include:
- EPP001 Wood Pole Climbing Techniques,
- EPP025 Bucket and Digger Truck Operations,
- EPP031 Overhead Line Construction,
- EPP226 Single-Phase Transformers, Regulators, and Capacitors,
- EPP039 Electric Power Hotline Training: Single-Phase Systems,
- EPP006 Underground Electrical Systems,
- EPP016 Electric Power Hotline Training - Emergency Procedures,
- EPP600 10 Hour Outreach for the Construction ET&D Industry,
- EPP010 Troubleshooting Customer Line Service Complaints, and
- EPP005 Underground Electrical Troubleshooting.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants must bring own climbing equipment, including climbers, body belt, personal fall arrest system with a secondary safety device, and climbing boots to use during the program.
Participants will also be required to bring their own personal protective equipment including hardhat, safety glasses, rubber gloves with protectors, work/climbing gloves, and long-sleeve shirts.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
TopicsRubber Gloving III: Emergency Procedures+10-Hour Outreach Training for the Construction ET&D Industry+Troubleshooting Overhead and Underground Systems+Leadership Essentials
Level 4 was developed for electric power employees who have completed levels 1, 2, and 3 (or equivalent), and are seeking completion of the fourth year of the 4-year apprenticeship training program approved by the DOL.