This online course prepares participants to establish and secure scene boundaries, utilize proper search methods, and scene documentation. Participants will learn case documentation techniques, such as note taking, videography, photography, sketches, and reports while tying together all information into practical activities.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Texas Forensic Science Academy Scene Basics course #2210.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser - Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
Recommended: Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome 65 or higher
Alternatives: Mozilla Firefox 57 or higher, Safari 10 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review
each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities,
quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
Class attendance is an essential part of the
education process, and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all
class sessions and field exercises. The course requires participants to attend
a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course
completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional
attendance requirement, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
Participants in a TCOLE credit course must complete the class in its
entirety to receive TCOLE credit.
TopicsScene Security+Scene Searches+Documentation
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to
investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire
investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators, patrol officers and corrections officers
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.2 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may a course be transferred from one customer to another.