This online course prepares participants for basic fingerprint processing. Participants will learn about the powders, brushes, tape, and cards used for developing prints, and how to locate, process, and document prints while tying together all information into practical activities.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements for Texas Forensic Science Academy Basic Fingerprint Processing course #3999.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- This course must be completed within 45 days from the registration date.
- Participants will have three attempts to pass the final examination.
- To complete this course, you are required to have a computer with internet access.
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband Internet Connection Using Current Browser - Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser
Recommended: Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome 65 or higher
Alternatives: Mozilla Firefox 57 or higher, Safari 10 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 28 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review
each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities,
quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
TopicsFingerprint Basics+Tools for Latent Print Development+Locating Prints+Brushing and Lifting+Print Documentation
Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to
investigative tasks and duties such as crime scene investigators, fire
investigators, detectives, medicolegal death investigators and patrol officers
Continuing Education and Professional Credits0.2 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds are not available for eLearning courses, nor may a course be transferred from one customer to another.