This course provides the training required to maintain competencies as Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) General or Occasional Site Workers. It is designed to meet or exceed Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 1910.120 (e)(8) annual refresher training requirements.
Training will include both classroom and field activities.
Course Completion Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- You must wear regular work attire, including safety shoes, for training activities and classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
TopicsRegulatory overview+Detecting the presence of hazardous substances+Identification of hazardous substances+Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)+Safe work practices+Field exercises
All employees working on site who are exposed to hazardous substances, health hazards, or safety hazards, including (but not limited to):
- equipment operators, general laborers and others
- their supervisors and management responsible for the site
- Courses will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Course dates and fees are subject to change without notice.
- You can use the above online registration link or use our registration form. The document will open in a new window. Please fill it out, print it, and fax it to (979) 458-4368.
- Fees must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- Fees do not include lodging or meals.
- For responders in the state of Texas, this course is also available at no cost through the Texas Division of Emergency Management.