This course provides training and resources for personnel who require advanced application of the Incident Command System (ICS). Enhance your Incident command skills and focuses on new concepts of the ICS.
You will participate in group activities that introduce the development of the Incident Action Plan (IAP) and demonstrate the interactions between the Command and General Staff sections of the ICS.
Includes exercises that can be customized to fit your industry, jurisdiction, or department.
Experience using concepts and principles from ICS-100 and ICS-200 in a response or exercise.
TopicsNational Incident Management System (NIMS) Command and Management component at expanding incidents+Incident/event management process for supervisors and expanding incidents as prescribed by the Incident Command System (ICS)+Incident management process on a simulated incident+Incident Action Plan (IAP) for a simulated incident
This course assists any person that has a responsibility to function in a command post managing an expanding incident. Personnel who are expected to perform in a management capacity in an expanding incident that may require a higher level of NIMS/ICS training from the following disciplines/services:
- Fire Service
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Hazardous Materials (HazMat)
- Law Enforcement (LE)
- Public Health (PH)
- Public Works (PW)
- Emergency Management (EM)
- Government administrative
- Private sector and military (if invited by the host jurisdiction)
- County, state, and federal agency personnel who may assume a supervisory role in expanding incidents or Type 3 incidents.
- Maximum number of participants: 30
- Minimum number of participants: 26
All TEEX NIMS/ICS instructors are certified Department of Homeland Security instructors and meet/exceed all requirements needed to teach the ICS-300 course and proctor the ICS-300 examination.