Upon the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to successfully lead the initial incident response to an expanding industrial incident. This course also addresses the strategic and tactical response issues needed to slow the expansion of an industrial incident. Course delivery consists of small-group discussion, large-group discussion, individual activities, and group activities.
The participants must submit the following course prerequisites on the first day of class to be eligible for participation:
- Trained to NFPA 1081, Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications, Chapter 6, "Advanced Exterior Industrial Fire Brigade Member"
- Trained to NFPA 1081, Standard for Industrial Fire Brigade Member Professional Qualifications, Chapter 7, "Interior Structural Industrial Fire Brigade Member"
- ICS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System
- ICS200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
Due to the nature of this training, the following course is recommended:
- Incident Management for Industrial On-Scene Commander: Level I (IMS661)
TopicsLeadership+Strategies, Tactics & RECEO+Incident Safety+Intro to the Simulation+Integrated Incident Response Management Activities
Emergency Response Team leaders who serve in on-scene leadership (division/group leaders, strike team/task force leaders) and are in on-scene relief progressions.
Continuing Education and Professional Credits1.2 CEUs