Corrections officers are required to use force to maintain order, keep people safe, and enforce the law. Officers must have an understanding of the statutory authority for use of force models and use of force options. This course enables corrections officers to identify the causes of disruptive behavior and disturbances and will clarify the appropriate preventative action needed to protect others from harm. This course is one of the Intermediate Core Courses required by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) rules to receive intermediate certification as a county corrections officer.
This course meets TCOLE requirements Course #3504.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- The mandatory completion/duration period for this eCourse is 45 days from registration.
- To complete this course you are required to have a computer with internet access.
- Broadband internet connection
- Current browser
- Recommended: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternatives: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
To meet attendance requirements, participants
must review each module and complete all required course assignments,
activities, quizzes, and or end of course exam.
TopicsDeadly force +Defensive tactics +Legal consequences of excessive force +Potential for use of force +Use of force introduction +Weapon techniques
- Texas county and municipal jail staff responsible for inmate oversight and control within a jail facility
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- After registering online for this course, you will receive an email with instructions for getting started. If you do not receive a confirmation within one hour, please contact us at (979) 845-6677 or email@example.com