Basic Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) training provides new SWAT officers the opportunity to learn basic tactical operations theory and develop a level of proficiency in common SWAT operations. The course provides participants with a solid understanding of basic SWAT concepts and operations.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Basic SWAT Course #3301.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
- Be a licensed or certified peace officers with a current commission or military/security personnel
- Have at least one year of law enforcement experience
- Pass the SWAT Physical Requirements
- Bring the following SWAT Equipment List
- Bring tactical uniform
- Physical training clothing and footwear
TopicsBuilding entry and searches +Dynamic entry techniques +History of SWAT +Selection and physical evaluation of team members +Tactical deployment and field skills +Use of distraction devices and chemical agents
- Law enforcement, security or military personnel assigned to a tactical team or special response unit
Continuing Education and Professional CreditsTexas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Firearms Range
- Live-Fire Shoot House
- Simulation Prop Houses