AWARE is an acronym for Assessing your surroundings While remaining Aware and being Realistic about your Environment. This starts with personal awareness, being aware of other's perception of you, as well as being aware of your surroundings.
Participants will learn basic self defense skills that can be used if they are targeted and/or attacked. Individuals will be able to constantly assess their surroundings while remaining aware and being realistic about your environment. In addition, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to return to their agency and train community members and any other personnel who are interested in personal self-defense.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements AWARE: A Self-Defense System Course #78046.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Physical participation is required, participant must be in good physical condition and able to complete the following:
- Blocking and striking techniques
- Arm and leg strikes
- Release and escape techniques
- Weapon disarming techniques
Participants should wear comfortable clothing for physical activity.
TopicsPhysiological Responses to Stress+Stances and Blocks+Releases+Weapon Disarming
- Any individual interested in teaching personal self-defense
Continuing Education & Professional Credits1.6 CEUs
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- If paying by purchase order or check please fill out the required registration form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (979) 862-2788.
- Certificate of successful completion valid five years from date of completion.