The Permit-Required Confined Space Entry (OSHA #2264) course covers the safety and health hazards associated with permit-required confined space entry. Course topics include recognition of confined space hazards, identification of permit and non-permit required confined spaces, use of instrumentation to evaluate atmospheric hazards, ventilation techniques, development and implementation of a confined space program, proper signage, and training requirements. This course features workshops on permit entry classification, instrumentation, and program development. Upon course completion, students will have the ability to identify permit and non-permit required confined spaces, reference the OSHA Permit-Required Confined Spaces Standard, conduct atmospheric testing, and implement a permit-required confined space program.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
TEEX and the OSHA Training Institute (OTI) have an attendance policy that requires all students to fully attend enrolled classes. In order for the student to receive a certificate of completion, they must attend the entire class. We realize that extenuating circumstances may arise that would take a student out of class and have implemented the following policy to handle those situations. Below are the responsibilities and expectations of students in a TEEX course.
- Participants are expected to attend 100% of the course in which they are enrolled before a certificate of successful completion can be issued.
- If an extenuating circumstance arises in which a participant is unable to attend 100% of class, the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form prior to their leaving the classroom. If the extenuating circumstance arises during non-class hours, then the participant must get with the instructor to complete the Participant Makeup Time Request form when they return to the class. If the participant is unable to return to class, they must still contact the instructor for the required processing.
- If the instructor approves an absence and the absence time is less than 20% of the class time, the instructor can assign makeup work for equivalent time missed.
- All assigned makeup work must be documented, checked by the instructor and returned with class materials to be maintained in the class record as required by OSHA and TEEX.
- For all other approved absences, participants must enroll through TEEX Registration to retake the course within the OSHA required six-month time frame.
- Unexcused absences require participants to register/pay/attend the class again at another time.
TopicsPermit-Required Confined Space Requirements+Hazard Prevention and Control Requirements+Air Monitoring Procedures+Classification Requirements+Permit-Required Confined Space Program+Confined Spaces in Construction
This course is designed for safety and health professionals, inspectors, auditors, personnel responsible for writing, auditing, or training employees with an active role in permit space entry, as well as personnel required to understand OSHA’s policies on permit-required confined spaces.
Continuing Education and Professional Credits3.1 CEUs
Government ProgramsGSA contract number: GS-02F-0003P. GSA customers, to register please contact email@example.com or call (800) 723-3811+Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact Veteranservices@teex.tamu.edu or call (877) 833-9638